Olive oil and fatty acid balance

What oil? Which vinegar? What about sugar?
RRM
Administrator
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Post by RRM »

Terence wrote:You are using the Souci Fachmann Kraut nutrition tables, right? Are they somewhere available online?
Unfortunately, no.
Any other database you know?
RRM wrote:No, I didn´t know that the n6:n3-ratio discussion is so controversial.
I didnt say that.
did I?
I said "more" controversial.
I have the feeling that you think a lot about your n6:n3-ratio.
Excuse me?
Im rtying to answer your questions...
RRM wrote:I didn´t know that your current diet is SO FAR away from Wai's sample diet
When you are extremely physically active, you need way more sugars, as muscles requires sugars.
The fat:sugar ratio is a guideline because some people asked about it. NOT a rule.
Do you think that is possible to maintain Wai's diet without juices
Many have proven so.

I don't know any study in the context of raw food.
Its not about the context, but about what those studies show, strictly regarding energy intake.
it´s not possible to overeat day after day.
Its not about overeating.
Terence wrote:Again, according to Cordain and others olive oil has a n6:n3-ratio of 13.1.
What does 'your' nutrient database say about the n6:n3-ratio in olive oil?
It doesnt list omega 6 fat specifically; the amount of 18:2 is undifferentiated; 8050 mg. Alpha-linolenic acid is 635. Other 18:3 are not listed. So, the ratio could maximally be 12.7:1, according to this info, but it could also be much lower.
RRM, I think your diet is not representative for most Wai dieters.
Sure its higher in sugars, but that doesnt make the omega balance better or worse.
I think you have to agree that the n6:n3-ratio of this diet, according to reliable nutrient databases, is much higher than 4:1, correct?
Absolutely not.
It totally depends on what you eat.
Can this ratio be detrimental to health?
Is this the same Terence stating that such data are unreliable and that we should not believe science but our bodies?
What ratio are you referring to?
Last edited by RRM on Thu 26 Apr 2007 21:31, edited 1 time in total.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Terence wrote:what happens if you add 100ml of olive oil? Like I do, and possibly many others here? The n6:n3-ratio would be dreadful, right?
Olive oil doesn have such a big impact. Regarding omega 9 fats, yes, but regarding omega 6 fats, no.
According to Souci et al, Maximally 9% of its fats are omega 6.
If you worry about this ratio, just eat a little more raw fish!
perhaps, you are at risk and still don´t know
Okay, so maybe im at risk of both low and high omega 3.
But maybe i dont know it.

Could you PLEASE analyse the following diet scenario
total fat= 137 g.
total omega 3= 10 g.
maximum total omega 6= 12 g.
(0.8 g. undifferentiated 13:8 + 9,8 g. undiff. 18:2 + 0.0 g. 20:2
+ 0.0 undiff 20:3 + 1.0 g. arachidonic acid)

pretty good, isnt it?
It could even be better, as there also is some undifferentiated 18:4, which could partially be parinaric acid (unknown omega 3)
Terence

Post by Terence »

RRM wrote:
Terence wrote:You are using the Souci Fachmann Kraut nutrition tables, right? Are they somewhere available online
Unfortunately, no.
Any other database you know?
I don´t know any other online sources. Unfortunately, USDA is inadequate regarding fat analyses.

RRM wrote:
Terence wrote:No, I didn´t know that the n6:n3-ratio discussion is so controversial.
I didnt say that.
did I?
I said "more" controversial.
Anyway, could you please give me some references regarding the controversy? All authors I know agree to the idea that a low n6:n3-ratio reduces inflammability and is beneficial for many other things in our body. I´m still not aware of any controverse discussion yet.

RRM wrote:
Terence wrote:I didn´t know that your current diet is SO FAR away from Wai's sample diet
When you are extremely physically active, you need way more sugars, as muscles requires sugars.
The fat:sugar ratio is a guideline because some people asked about it. NOT a rule.
Your sugar intake is extremely high. Are you a professional athlete? Or are you talking about your job in a restaurant. The latter doesn´t require strong muscles. Do you know that high levels of sugar can make some people hyperactive? If I eat tons of fruit I always feel the need for physical activity. So I wonder if the amount of sugar could cause your activitiy and not vice versa.

RRM wrote:
Terence wrote:What does 'your' nutrient database say about the n6:n3-ratio in olive oil?
It doesnt list omega 6 fat specifically; the amount of 18:2 is undifferentiated; 8050 mg. Alpha-linolenic acid is 635. Other 18:3 are not listed. So, the ratio could maximally be 12.7:1, according to this info, but it could also be much lower.
I realized that my calculation of the overall n6:n3 was totally wrong because I didn't deduct the non n6:n3-relevant fats, like omega 9 in olive oil for example. Correct? By the way, for all other interested readers here, this is a useful list of the different fatty acids in foods:

http://www.dgfett.de/material/fsnam.htm

And this event might be very interesting for professionals:

http://www.eurofedlipid.org/meetings/fr ... /index.htm

RRM wrote:
Terence wrote:RRM, I think your diet is not representative for most Wai dieters.
Sure its higher in sugars, but that doesnt make the omega balance better or worse.
Of course, it does. Because sugars replace fat intake.

RRM wrote:
Terence wrote:I think you have to agree that the n6:n3-ratio of this diet, according to reliable nutrient databases, is much higher than 4:1, correct?
Absolutely not.
It totally depends on what you eat.
Of course, it depends on what you eat. That´s always true for every diet. I still claim that on a 'typical' Wai diet, relatively high in olive oil and low in animal food, it´s nearly impossible to reach the recommended 4:1-maximum, based on the common food nutrient tables. Let´s add some Brazil nuts to the olive oil and everything gets worse on the paper. The n6:n3-relevant fatty acids in Brazil nuts show a ratio of 378:1.

RRM wrote:
Terence wrote:Can this ratio be detrimental to health?
Is this the same Terence stating that such data are unreliable and that we should not believe science but our bodies?
What ratio are you referring to?
I didn´t state that such data is unreliable. The conclusions are unreliable because we don´t see the whole picture. The cholesterol discussion is one example for this confusion. The question here is: Could a Wai diet in which the major fat supply comes from olives and avocados be harmful in the long-run due to the 'bad' n6:n3-ratio? Last weekend I checked PubMed and other sources for information about effects of olive oil, n6:n3 etc. I didn´t found one single article about problems with olive oil when using as the main fat source. Obviously there are other factors we still don´t know. And little research seems to be done about the role of omega 9 fats.

RRM wrote:
Terence wrote:perhaps, you are at risk and still don´t know
Okay, so maybe im at risk of both low and high omega 3.
But maybe i dont know it.
Yes, eating too much fish fat might be very harmful. Ray Peat has written some interesting articles about this.

RRM wrote:
Terence wrote:Could you PLEASE analyse the following diet scenario
total fat= 137 g.
total omega 3= 10 g.
maximum total omega 6= 12 g.
(0.8 g. undifferentiated 13:8 + 9,8 g. undiff. 18:2 + 0.0 g. 20:2
+ 0.0 undiff 20:3 + 1.0 g. arachidonic acid)

pretty good, isnt it?
It could even be better, as there also is some undifferentiated 18:4, which could partially be parinaric acid (unknown omega 3)
Thank you very much. But this result can´t be correct, IMO. Where do 37 grams of fat (beside 100 grams from olive oil) come from?? Wild salmon has between 2.0 and 4.0 grams of fat per 100 grams. The analysis of the canadian wild salmon I eat shows 2.5 grams of fat per 100 gram.

Terence
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Terence wrote:All authors I know agree to the idea that a low n6:n3-ratio reduces inflammability and is beneficial for many other things in our body.
Thats something completely different from claiming that you ratio needs to be 4:1 max!
To claim that this is the ratio we need THAT is controversial.
Your sugar intake is extremely high. Are you a professional athlete? Or are you talking about your job in a restaurant. The latter doesn´t require strong muscles.
I never wrote "strong muscles".
Its about muscle activity. Muscle activity requires glucose. Running around all day requires lots of glucose.
So I wonder if the amount of sugar could cause your activitiy and not vice versa.
Are you suggesting my muscles dont need that much sugar to run around all day?
Terence wrote:I realized that my calculation of the overall n6:n3 was totally wrong because I didn't deduct the non n6:n3-relevant fats, like omega 9 in olive oil for example. Correct?
Yes. To calculate omega 6:3, you need to calculate (or at least estimate) total omega 3 and total omega 6.
RRM wrote:Sure its higher in sugars, but that doesnt make the omega balance better or worse.
Of course, it does. Because sugars replace fat intake.
Consuming less fat does not influence your omega 6:3 fat balance.
Its about WHAT fats you eat, in what ratio, not about how big your overal fat intake is.
I thought we had agreed on this earlier...
Suppose the fat i consume (from fish, oil and fruits) has a 4:1 ratio. Then (regarding the omage balance) it doesnt matter if I take extra sugar, replacing a large part of my fat intake (or not).
then it doesnt matter if I consume 40 grams of omega 6 + 10 grams omega 3 + 100 grams of glucose, or 4 grams of omega 6 + 1 gram of omega 3 + 1000 grams of glucose.
How much extra glucose or sucrose i take, has no influence on omega balance whatsoever, even when it decreases total fat intake. It only matters if I replace specific foods (replacing oil, for example, or when replacing fish)
I still claim that on a 'typical' Wai diet, relatively high in olive oil and low in animal food
That is not a 'typical Wai diet'.
A typical wai diet may contain no olive oil at all, you may also ingest sufficient fat by consuming just fish, avocadoes and nuts.
The n6:n3-relevant fatty acids in Brazil nuts show a ratio of 378:1.
We always advise to maximally eat 35 grams of Brazil nuts daily. There are only traces of omega 3 fats in Brazil nuts, so you could also calculate a ratio of 1 billion:1.
On total fat intake 35% of the maximum 25 gram of undifferentiated linoleic acid does not have a big impact.
Terence wrote:Could a Wai diet in which the major fat supply comes from olives and avocados be harmful in the long-run
Animal food is a major source of fat in this diet.
little research seems to be done about the role of omega 9 fats.
Maybe you are focussing on omega fats too much. The human body is perfectly capable of coping with higher and lesser intakes of nutrients. Consuming the Wai diet, including some animal food, you are safe.
Terence wrote:Wild salmon has between 2.0 and 4.0 grams of fat per 100 grams. The analysis of the canadian wild salmon I eat shows 2.5 grams of fat per 100 gram.
Fat levels in salmon can differ very much, according to souci S.W. et al, Food Composition and Nutrient tabels, ranging from 6 to 17% fat.
In the USDA, the atlantic and the coho wild salmon contain 6% fat, the sockeye 9% and chinook 12%.
Regular commercially available salmon is very fat, usually over 12%.
Terence

Post by Terence »

RRM wrote:
Terence wrote:All authors I know agree to the idea that a low n6:n3-ratio reduces inflammability and is beneficial for many other things in our body.
Thats something completely different from claiming that you ratio needs to be 4:1 max!
No, it is not completely different. The higher the worse, just so simply. This is the current claim you can read everywhere.
RRM wrote:To claim that this is the ratio we need THAT is controversial.
Again, please give me/us some references about this controversy. I can´t find any.
RRM wrote:Are you suggesting my muscles dont need that much sugar to run around all day?
Yes. You could also get enough energy from fats in your food. Sugars are not a must. High amounts of sugar can make people nervous and hyperactive.

How many 'meals' do you eat per day?
RRM wrote:Its about WHAT fats you eat, in what ratio, not about how big your overal fat intake is.
I thought we had agreed on this earlier...
Suppose the fat i consume (from fish, oil and fruits) has a 4:1 ratio. Then (regarding the omage balance) it doesnt matter if I take extra sugar, replacing a large part of my fat intake (or not).
then it doesnt matter if I consume 40 grams of omega 6 + 10 grams omega 3 + 100 grams of glucose, or 4 grams of omega 6 + 1 gram of omega 3 + 1000 grams of glucose.
How much extra glucose or sucrose i take, has no influence on omega balance whatsoever, even when it decreases total fat intake. It only matters if I replace specific foods (replacing oil, for example, or when replacing fish)
Sure, I know what you mean and you know what I mean. The animal food intake on a Wai diet is usually very low. More sugar means less fat. Less sugar means more fat. If animal food intake remains constant, fats from vegetable sources increase and therefore the n6:n3-ratio increases, too.
RRM wrote:Animal food is a major source of fat in this diet.
But NOT in your sample diet. Correct?
I guess that in most cases of all Wai dieters the major source of fat does not come from animal food because animal food intake is very low. Furthermore wild animals are usually much leaner than farmed animals. It is not a good idea to eat farmed animals on a regular basis, IMO. We should have a look on the diets of some Wai long-termers here to check if my claim is true or not.
RRM wrote:Maybe you are focussing on omega fats too much. The human body is perfectly capable of coping with higher and lesser intakes of nutrients. Consuming the Wai diet, including some animal food, you are safe.
Yes, possibly I think about omega fats and ratios too much. I just would like to be sure or find some proofs that a diet very high in fat from olives and low in animal fat is not harmful in the long-run. You think that we are safe as long as we include some animal food. It sounds like: If you get a minimum amount of ? grams of animal omega 3 fats AND avoid all toxic fats (like oils from seeds, transfats etc.), everything is ok. From my feeling I tend to agree but I didn´t find ANY reference for this suggestion. My idea is that there are many other factors in olive oil that are very important in the whole picture but still unknown. The n6:n3-ratio is certainly only one ratio of many. But there is one thing with olive oil that makes me skeptical: If I eat relatively high amounts of olive oil every day the skin in my face becomes extremely dry. What could be the reason?
RRM wrote:Fat levels in salmon can differ very much, according to souci S.W. et al, Food Composition and Nutrient tabels, ranging from 6 to 17% fat.
In the USDA, the atlantic and the coho wild salmon contain 6% fat, the sockeye 9% and chinook 12%.
Regular commercially available salmon is very fat, usually over 12%.
That´s interesting. Thanks for the information. Unfortunately I never got such a fatty wild salmon anywhere.

Terence
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Terence wrote:The higher the worse, just so simply. This is the current claim you can read everywhere.
And the lower the better? Not true. There are also claims that too much omega 3 is also bad for you.
As with everything its about balance within certain margins.
And are you thinking that arachidonic acid is bad, and not an essential fatty acid?
RRM wrote:To claim that this is the ratio we need THAT is controversial.
Again, please give me/us some references about this controversy. I can´t find any.
... in the aggregate, ... the ratio is, both on theoretical and evidential grounds, of little value
...there is clear disunity in the biological activities of the different parent and LCP EFAs. Hence the concept of omega 6/omega 3 ratio based on activity equality does not reflect the biological reality
A range of 2:1 to 8:1 seems to be an adviced range for neurological patients. Twyman, D. Nutritional management of the critically ill neurologic patient. Crit Care Clin. 1997 Jan;13(1):39-49
And because of genetic variation, the optimal omega-6/omega-3 fatty acid ratio would vary with the disease under consideration
RRM wrote:Are you suggesting my muscles dont need that much sugar to run around all day?
Yes. You could also get enough energy from fats in your food.
Energy counted as calories, in total, yes, sure.
There is a reason though, why professional athletes consume lots of carbs; it makes them perform better.
To function optimally (physically), those sugars are a must.
High amounts of sugar can make people nervous and hyperactive.
Sure, if your blood sugar spikes too much. Mine doesnt, as my sugar intake is extremely gradual, spaced out over the day.
How many 'meals' do you eat per day?
Countless. I zip from my OJ about every 10 minutes.
More sugar means less fat.
You are making a fundamental mistake:
You said that my high sugar intake is bad because more sugars means less fat. You are forgetting that I take those extra sugars to be able to be physically very active. That is EXTRA energy. Not sugars replacing fat.
People on this diet that dont need as much energy as i do, simply consume less sugars; their fat:sugar ratio is much higher.
But NOT in your sample diet. Correct?
So?
The acne sample diet is for those with acne specifically.
The 2 weeks sample diet is very low in animal food. After that, people with acne are advised to experiment with increasing their animal food intake.
For the the Wai diet in general animal food is a major source of fat.
Furthermore wild animals are usually much leaner than farmed animals.
Few wai-dieters consume wild animals.
We should have a look on the diets of some Wai long-termers here to check if my claim is true or not.
Long term wai dieters (not bothered by acne) generally love to indulge on their raw fish! (and yolks)
If my skin would allow me, I would eat more fish as well.
If I eat relatively high amounts of olive oil every day the skin in my face becomes extremely dry. What could be the reason?
That is something we may discover. Blaming it on omega 6 fats beforehand, does not make any sense to me.
It may be lots of things. Maybe residues of oleuropin, or of toxins from the kernel.
avalon

Post by avalon »

Terence wrote:
But there is one thing with olive oil that makes me skeptical: If I eat relatively high amounts of olive oil every day the skin in my face becomes extremely dry. What could be the reason?
I was just reading about some people with similar issues, however regarding dairy products and the likes of butter fat. Though they say their dryness stops upon consuming saturated animal fat, on the meat- un processed.

RRM wriote:
And the lower the better? Not true. There are also claims that too much omega 3 is also bad for you.
There are claims from every conceivable angle. .

RRM wrote:
I zip from my OJ about every 10 minutes.
This is a really tough example for everyone to follow, and again, even if it in't your intention, it shows how different people are and why one size, does not fit all.
Few wai-dieters consume wild animals.
With respect RRM, How can you know this?
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

avalon wrote:
RRM wrote:And the lower the better? Not true. There are also claims that too much omega 3 is also bad for you.
There are claims from every conceivable angle. .
That was my point; its controversial.
avalon wrote:
RRM wrote:Few wai-dieters consume wild animals.
With respect RRM, How can you know this?
By reading the posts in this forum, and the emails send to us.
gianni

Post by gianni »

Terence, with respect to your question about much olive oil on a daily basis causing dry skin, I am wondering if it is because olive oil is very much a solvent and not a moisturizer of the body. After drinking a lot of olive oil/orange juice/water mixture for several weeks I started to look very dehydrated, especially the area under my eyes. At first I thought that maybe I wasn't drinking enough water as that is what most people say causes dehydration. But I don't think it's a question of enough water but the right kind of moisturizing fats. However, there are many people here that don't seem to have the same outcome, and I don't know what could explain that.

With respect to olive oil being a solvent, I googled it and there were a lot of hits, but I haven't read through them yet. I am also thinking that that is why it works so well with the olive oil/lemon juice liver flush. Here in the USA many people refer to the diet of Italy and Greece as being a very healthy diet and claim that it is because it contains a lot of olive oil. But maybe in fact it is so healthy (at least healthier than the diet of most Americans) because it contains a lot of olive oil and animal fat.

Please understand that I am not claiming any of this to be fact. I am only brain storming. Your questions are helping me formulate a diet that might work for me. Thanks.

gianni
avalon

Post by avalon »

I think most people who have reached a certain stage in dieting, seek out wild fish, wild game. They are hopefully less poluted, more nature built- and though I haven't specifically written this here on the forum- is what I seek. Wild caught fish, grass fed buffalo, free range eggs: much more wild than caged. Maybe this would be a good poll!
johndela1

Post by johndela1 »

avalon wrote:I think most people who have reached a certain stage in dieting, seek out wild fish, wild game. They are hopefully less poluted, more nature built- and though I haven't specifically written this here on the forum- is what I seek. Wild caught fish, grass fed buffalo, free range eggs: much more wild than caged. Maybe this would be a good poll!
Yea, this is what I go for most of the time.
Terence

Post by Terence »

RRM wrote:
Terence wrote:The higher the worse, just so simply. This is the current claim you can read everywhere.
And are you thinking that arachidonic acid is bad, and not an essential fatty acid?
The claim is just 'The higher the worse.' and 'a ratio between 1:1 and 1:4' is thought to be ideal. In the context of a SAD-diet the advice 'the lower the better' could be ok because of all the bad fats. In a SAD it´s even nearly impossible to reach a ratio of 4:1 due to all the junk food. BTW: I didn't talk about arachidonic acid. Why do you ask? What do you think about arachidonic acid?

Thanks for the links/articles. But they don´t support any controvery, IMO. Especially the last one strongly promotes the current n6:n3-idea by saying: 'A lower ratio of omega-6/omega-3 fatty acids is needed for the prevention and management of chronic diseases.'

RRM wrote:Countless. I zip from my OJ about every 10 minutes.
That´s crazy. The next step would be intravenous nutrition. Sorry for my sarcasm. Even a top athlete would never eat sugar every ten minutes. And as a waiter, I guess you are far away from athletic performance. Do you zip juice every 10 minutes for the whole day?
Have you ever experienced frequent urination? What happens if you eat a relatively high amount of sugar in one meal, for example 5-6 bananas at once. What kind of problems do/would you get? Please excuse me if my questions bother you.

RRM wrote:You are making a fundamental mistake:
You said that my high sugar intake is bad because more sugars means less fat. You are forgetting that I take those extra sugars to be able to be physically very active. That is EXTRA energy. Not sugars replacing fat.
People on this diet that dont need as much energy as i do, simply consume less sugars; their fat:sugar ratio is much higher.
Ok, I understand.
I didn´t say that high sugar intake is bad generally, but I´m very skeptical.

RRM wrote:For the the Wai diet in general animal food is a major source of fat.
Ok, farmed salmon and egg yolks. Anything else?
By the way: What does your nutrition table say about n6:n3 in egg yolks from grain fed hens?

RRM wrote:If my skin would allow me, I would eat more fish as well.
If I eat to much sugar/fruit my body is not able to digest more than minimal amounts of raw animal food. The fruits seem to weaken the digestive capability a lot. I have seen several 'instinctos' who have eaten a lot of tropical fruits for many months and after that they couldn´t eat animal food anymore without getting problems. The same happens to me always if I eat a lot of fruits. Have you considered this, regarding your problems with animal food? Maybe acne is caused by undigested protein because digestive juices have been too weak. Why do most people don´t get acne while eating a lot of protein? Genetic predisposition seems to be an excuse for nearly everything in current helpless medical circles. Egg yolks and farmed salmon are the most easy to digest animal foods I know. But they don´t give me so much physical strength, mental willpower and self consciousness like meat from very strong animals like bisons or beef. The last one requires a very strong digestive tract. Otherwise putrefaction and weakness ocur. After avoiding fruits for 2-3 months almost completely (while eating 100% raw) I was able to eat tons of raw tough muscle meat without digestive issues. On this diet I can´t eat beef. I don´t claim that it is bad per se, I just don´t know. But it makes me skeptical because I can never reach very high mental power on this diet. This was desired in my former job. Now I am unable to do this highly paid job which was high in stress and responsibility. On a diet high in fruits I tend to be a musician, hanging around, earning no money but feeling euphoric after eating a ton of grapes, for example. Somehow I can´t be successfull any more. I can´t fight any more. I feel like a happy loser. Something may be wrong. I don´t know. Nevertheless I know that our society is 'wrong'. But the inability to fight frustrates me. Furthermore my sexual power decreases when I eat a lot of fruit. Any comments?
RRM wrote:
RRM wrote:If I eat relatively high amounts of olive oil every day the skin in my face becomes extremely dry. What could be the reason?
That is something we may discover. Blaming it on omega 6 fats beforehand, does not make any sense to me.
It may be lots of things. Maybe residues of oleuropin, or of toxins from the kernel.
All RAW animal fats beside dairy fat make my skin perfect. Olive does the opposite. Hm... I really would like to know the reason.

Terence
Terence

Post by Terence »

gianni wrote:..Terence, with respect to your question about much olive oil on a daily basis causing dry skin, I am wondering if it is because olive oil is very much a solvent and not a moisturizer of the body. ..
Sounds very much like one of AVs claims.

gianni wrote: After drinking a lot of olive oil/orange juice/water mixture for several weeks I started to look very dehydrated, especially the area under my eyes. At first I thought that maybe I wasn't drinking enough water as that is what most people say causes dehydration. But I don't think it's a question of enough water but the right kind of moisturizing fats.
I totally agree with you. Water never ever moisturizes my skin.
But he worst thing I can eat is raw butter!

gianni wrote:Please understand that I am not claiming any of this to be fact. I am only brain storming. Your questions are helping me formulate a diet that might work for me. Thanks.
Due to my mental weakness on this diet, I planned to give a meat diet a try again. But this time I will only eat grass fed animals. At the moment, I think that n6:n3-ratios could be one of the most important things regarding animal food.

Terence
Terence

Post by Terence »

avalon wrote:I think most people who have reached a certain stage in dieting, seek out wild fish, wild game. They are hopefully less poluted, more nature built- and though I haven't specifically written this here on the forum- is what I seek. Wild caught fish, grass fed buffalo, free range eggs: much more wild than caged. Maybe this would be a good poll!
For me, farmed salmon tastes like artificial garbage. Wild salmon tastes wonderful. Unfortunately I get it only deep-frozen.

Farmed pork is the biggest shit on earth. Raw wild boar is excellent.

Wild ocean scallops, wild bison, grass-fed lamb innards, I love it.
All these foods give me extraordinary mental strength.

The weird thing is that fruits seem to be an antagonist... regarding digestion, mental strength and sexual power.
On the other hand, fruits seem to cleanse the body which seems to promote health.
I still don´t know if high amounts of raw animal food could cause problems due to overacidifying the body...

Terence
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Terence wrote:I didn't talk about arachidonic acid. Why do you ask? What do you think about arachidonic acid?
I asked because its an omega 6 fat, and I thought you meant to say that the lower the 6:3 ratio, the better, not considering the beneficial effects of specific omega 6 fats. But I understand now that you do set a limit to that ratio.
Thanks for the links/articles. But they don´t support any controvery, IMO.
They show that the ratio controversial; its not clear at all what exactly is best.
That´s crazy. The next step would be intravenous nutrition.
Many animals eat almost continously, especially those that rely on a primarily plant based diet.
Nothing crazy about that.
as a waiter, I guess you are far away from athletic performance.
What is that supposed to mean?
I do need a lot of calories due to my level physical activity (speedwalking around all day)
Do you zip juice every 10 minutes for the whole day?
Yes, but less when having consumed fish and not when eating my salad.
Have you ever experienced frequent urination?
I always urinate before (8 AM) and after work (6.30 PM) (never in between), and later at night. Even when I add lots of ice to my juices (in the summer) i dont have to urinate in between because then i sweat so much.
I guess most of the water I ingest simply vaporizes from skin.
What happens if you eat a relatively high amount of sugar in one meal, for example 5-6 bananas at once.
I cannot eat that much.
I can eat half my salad at once, but that just makes me lazy.
What kind of problems do/would you get?
I have no idea, and im not willing to push my body that way.

RRM wrote:For the the Wai diet in general animal food is a major source of fat.
Ok, farmed salmon and egg yolks. Anything else?
What has variety to do with that?
What does your nutrition table say about n6:n3 in egg yolks from grain fed hens?
Its not included.

RRM wrote:If I eat to much sugar/fruit my body is not able to digest more than minimal amounts of raw animal food.
How do you know?
Why do most people don´t get acne while eating a lot of protein?
Because acne also depends on how much sebum your skin produces, which is individually very different. If your sebum production is low, you can eat anything without getting acne.
I can never reach very high mental power on this diet.
Thats weird because most people do.
But the inability to fight frustrates me. Furthermore my sexual power decreases when I eat a lot of fruit. Any comments?
I understand your concerns, very much. On this diet Im very much a fighter though and my sex drive is perfectly okay as well.
I do know that your sex drive goes down when not enough energy is ingested all the time.