teeth

Make up, cream, skin issues, dental issues, dental hygiene, shampoo, dandruff...
Oscar
Administrator
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Post by Oscar »

Terence wrote:I noticed now that saturated fats significantly diminish my body's ability to handle sugars! Especially animal fats like suet, lamb fat and bacon.
These fats were heated, right? I wonder if that also had something to do with it.

So some fruits require teeth, and others less. I guess we're prepared for everything. ;)

How exactly do you brush? Do you (also) use the Bass method?
Terence

Post by Terence »

Oscar wrote:
Terence wrote:I noticed now that saturated fats significantly diminish my body's ability to handle sugars! Especially animal fats like suet, lamb fat and bacon.
These fats were heated, right? I wonder if that also had something to do with it.
No, everything has been raw.
Oscar wrote: How exactly do you brush? Do you (also) use the Bass method?
I (still) don´t know the Bass method.. I brush my teeth carefully with a soft tooth brush. What is the Bass method?

Terence
gianni

Re: Increasing sugar tolerance!

Post by gianni »

Terence wrote:Hi,
The last times I started Wai's diet I always came from very low carb, high animal fat diets (Vonderplanitz, Atkins, Wolfgang Lutz, Vilhjalmur Stefanson, 'The Bear' etc.) I noticed now that saturated fats significantly diminish my body's ability to handle sugars! Especially animal fats like suet, lamb fat and bacon. After two weeks strictly NoCarb with lots of suet I was not able to eat ONE banana. The result was a small sugar shock and immediate tooth ache. It´s unbelievable. But not only animal fats scale down my sugar 'processing', coconut fat does it too. Mono-fats like olive oil, avocado and some nuts do NOT disturb my ability to use fruits as a fuel. They seem to be 100% compatible to fruits.

So, the longer I stay away from saturated animal fats like suet and bacon the more my body becomes able to use sweet fruits without negative reactions. And I have to add that fish fat seems to be also much better (like olive oil) regarding my heart problems. Athletic peformance is now much better again, too.
Terence, do you eat egg yolks? Which category would you place them in? I think you are right about animal fat interfering with the body's correct usage of sugar from fruit and perhaps also regular sugar.

Thanks,
gianni
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Terence wrote:What is the Bass method?
Place the hairs under a 45° angle on the gum/tooth border, then gently massage/rotate using very small movements. The hairs should be felt entering the sulcus gingivalis, the opening between gum and tooth. It takes a while to brush the whole mouth like this.
Terence

Post by Terence »

gianni wrote:Terence, do you eat egg yolks? Which category would you place them in? I think you are right about animal fat interfering with the body's correct usage of sugar from fruit and perhaps also regular sugar.

Thanks,
gianni
Yes, I eat egg yolks, too. Egg Yolks and fish fat don´t give me these reactions when eating fruits. (in contrast to beef and pork fat) I guess that the grain-feeding of these animals may be the underlying reason. The fats become unhealthy.

In the last days I have drastically upped by animal food intake. I have eaten round about 1 kg of seafood per day. It has been very good for my gums, which seem to be destroyed by fruit. :( My teeth are still ok but become more and more yellow. :(

Terence
Terence

Post by Terence »

Oscar wrote:
Place the hairs under a 45° angle on the gum/tooth border, then gently massage/rotate using very small movements. The hairs should be felt entering the sulcus gingivalis, the opening between gum and tooth. It takes a while to brush the whole mouth like this.
Thanks Oscar, I will try it. Unfortunately my gums are now inflamed and very spongy. I have not eaten any unripe fruits. Even ripe bananas worsen the gum problems. Somehow my body rejects sugar now and I feel very (!) strong cravings for animal food. So I´m eating 1 kg of seafood/fish per day now. It soothes the inflammation, whereas (fully ripe) apples and avocados are the worst offender of all. I´m confused, during my raw high animal fat + high animal protein diet, my gums have been ultra strong. Any ideas?

Terence
gianni

Post by gianni »

I am keeping an eye on my teeth and gums, too. My teeth have most of my life been very weak, and I have to be very careful. Right now I am concerned that my gums seem to be receding and my teeth are also getting more yellow. Not good. With respect to what you have found to be good for your gums, increasing the amount of seafood and decreasing the amount of fruit, I have read an article by a Dr. Gonzalez that might explain why. You can check out what he says and let me know what you think. Dr. Gonzalez is a doctor in New York City who has an alternative method of curing cancer. You can find info about him by googling those three facts. His information about diets is the part that is of interest to me. I am going to try increasing the amount of fish and yolks and see if I feel better. Thanks for your input.
Sunkist

Post by Sunkist »

I wonder also if everyone is different in that some people need more mineral rich foods(in vegetable form), less cleansing foods (fruits), and more protein in the form of raw egg yolks/sashimi.

I know that when I got my fruit/raw veggie/raw egg yolk ratio balanced out for ME, I stopped having sore gums etc...

I had to cut back on too much fruit at every meal...mainly just in the morning and then sometimes as an afternoon snack and then the rest of my meals consisting of green salads, or low sugar fruits like avocado, tomatoes, etc

I also have raw goats cheese on my salads

just a thought!! :)
dionysus

Post by dionysus »

Oscar wrote:
Is there a particular reason why we use small movements over long sweeping movements along the gum line?

I tried to use the Bass Method today but i just felt like the small movements were not really removing anything trapped in the sulcus gingivalis.
Negativity is the cult of the weak
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Long movements don't give the hairs a chance to enter the sulcus, plus it might be more damaging to the teeth (like on the pic on page 1 of this thread).
dionysus

Post by dionysus »

Ok dokey :)
dionysus

Post by dionysus »

Can you over clean you teeth in one sitting? What is too much cleaning? Should you spend a long time on one tooth to get it clean or is a few brushes enough to get the surface clean?
:)
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

I'd say somewhere in between. It's kind of hard to say what is enough and what is too much, unfortunately.
dionysus

Post by dionysus »

Thanks for the reply Oscar. :)

Why did you say its good to clean before food in the morning? Does this include before juice as well?

Thanks Oscar.
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

As soon as you ingest food, the pH in your mouth drops, and enamel will start to demineralize. Brushing can do more damage then, because the enamel is softer. After a night's sleep the enamel will have had time to remineralize and will be at its hardest.

So yes, that includes juice.