Emeira's Diary

If you are not sure whether you are doing the diet right, create your own diet diary here, so others can take a look at it.
Emeira
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Re: Emeira's Diary

Post by Emeira »

Kasper wrote:That doesn't sound good to me at all. Are you not missing nutrients or something ?
With my current stomach problem, as well as the abdominal bloating and gas , my appetite has reduced.
Now i don't even have motivation to drink juice.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Maia

Post by Maia »

In the beginning when I had just started the Wai diet I ate too little food and my hair was also falling out and I felt very energyless most of the time.
Now these problems are gone!

I think that you are clearly not eating enough.
Do you have your digestion problem also with other juices or only with melon juice?
Are you sure that your egg yolks and fish are fresh enough?

How long have you eaten this current particular diet (melon, olive oil, egg yolk, salmon)?
A bit beyond perceptions reach
I sometimes believe I see
that life is two locked boxes, each
containing the others key -Piet Hein
Emeira

Post by Emeira »

Maia wrote:In the beginning when I had just started the Wai diet I ate too little food and my hair was also falling out and I felt very energyless most of the time.
Now these problems are gone!
how much calories do you eat during the day and how active are you?
you are female, right?
What is your height and weight?
Maia wrote: Do you have your digestion problem also with other juices or only with melon juice?
Are you sure that your egg yolks and fish are fresh enough? How long have you eaten this current particular diet (melon, olive oil, egg yolk, salmon)?
for two weeks i was mixing melon juice with orange juice and pineapple juice.
Besides digestion problems I have noticed that my tongue has thin white coat in the mornings
Could it be candida overgrowth? There is no opportunities to do normal lab test, so I with my boyfriend did saliva test at home. His saliva was just floating on top of the water, but mine had long strings and then sank to the bottom.

Anyway i will try to maintain Wai diet without eating the high-sugar fruits, but much more coconut oil, cucumbers, tomatoes, avocado, yolks, some honey

don't know about the fish (it was frozen) but eggs we buy from farmer, he claims that eggs are fresh.
Maia

Post by Maia »

Emeira wrote: how much calories do you eat during the day and how active are you?
you are female, right?
What is your height and weight?
I put my diet in the calculator and it seems that I eat more or less around 2000 kcal a day, but it is a bit difficult for me to calculate exactly because I eat different things every day :)
Yes, I am a girl... ;) I am 158 cm and weigh around 51 kg.
Emeira wrote: for two weeks i was mixing melon juice with orange juice and pineapple juice.
Besides digestion problems I have noticed that my tongue has thin white coat in the mornings
Could it be candida overgrowth? There is no opportunities to do normal lab test, so I with my boyfriend did saliva test at home. His saliva was just floating on top of the water, but mine had long strings and then sank to the bottom.

Anyway i will try to maintain Wai diet without eating the high-sugar fruits, but much more coconut oil, cucumbers, tomatoes, avocado, yolks, some honey
I think that when it comes to food combining, melons/melon juice should be eaten or drunk alone, not combined with any other fruit. Try that?

I don't know very much about candida overgrowth, but I don't think that you need to eat less sugar to balance it out. What I think helps more is to eat very small meals and very often. But probably Oscar and RRM know more about Candida overgrowth than I do. :)
dime

Post by dime »

Maia wrote:I put my diet in the dehydrator
I hope it doesn't get too dry :D
Maia

Post by Maia »

Hahaha I meant calculator! duuuh..... xD
Emeira

Post by Emeira »

Hello :)
Every time when i eat raw or slow cooked fish I have constipation problems, but as soon as I eliminate all animal food (except yolks) i feel good.
Now i do lots of weight training workouts, so i think i need more protein than normal.

Why raw meat can cause constipation?
dime

Post by dime »

Maybe you don't drink enough water, when you eat more protein (at least I've noticed with me), I am more thirsty and need to drink more water.
Emeira

Post by Emeira »

And I am more thirsty than usual. How much water you drink a day?
dime

Post by dime »

Yes, so just drink more water until you're not thirsty anymore. I haven't measured how much water I drink.
Emeira

Post by Emeira »

Hello.

I did my blood test:
hemoglobin 119g/l (norm 120 g/L to 160 g/L)
GRA % 28.6 (norm 43-76%)
LYM % 64.6 (norm 17-48%)
PLT 137 (norm 150-390)

I am worried, there are many possible causes for an abnormally high lymphocyte count (known as lymphocytosis). A lymphocyte level that is more than 40% is considered to be abnormally high.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Hemoglobin transports oxygen (and more) from the lungs to all organs, for oxidation of nutrients.
For women, 121 to 151 g/L are often considered 'reference range levels'.
Low hemoglobin can be caused by low iron (or other nutrients) and by various health issues. (eg kidney failure, bone marrow issues)

Granulocytes (white blood cells) are involved in allergies and parasitic and viral infections, and the production of eicosanoids, growth factors, cytokines and ROS (eosinophil granulocytes) and T-cell regulation (basophil granulocytes).
Their levels are associated with disease severity; elevated in eg parasitic infestations, Hodgkin's, rheumatoid arthritis.
Low levels may be caused by stress reactions, burns, Cushing's and bacterial infection (comes with elevated leukocyte count).
Normally, their levels are measured as % of white blood cells (reference range: 1-6%) or number per (micro)liter.
Neutrophil granulocytes (reference range 45-74%) are the most abundant white blood cells.
Im guessing that's where GRA stands for in your test.
Neutrophils are 'first responders' in inflammations (eg bacterial infection and some cancers) and predominant in 'pus'.
Low neutrophil counts may be caused by anemia (in combination with low hemoglobin, and low PLT, as in your case), leukemia. as a side effect of medication and by intracellular neutrophilic parasites.

Lymphocyte (also white blood cells) levels is indicative of the adaptive immune system. Lymphocytes are T-cells, B-cells and natural killer cells.
Their levels are also measured as % of white blood cells. (reference range: 16-45%)
Elevated lymphocyte levels are usually a sign of a viral infection (and rarely leukemia).
A high lymphocyte count in combination with a low neutrophil count (as in your case) might be caused by lymphoma.

Thrombocyte/Platelet count (Plt) (reference range: 140-450)
Platelets are a source of growth factors and involved in blood clotting.
Low counts may be immune response-mediated, and caused by various disorder, and anemia.
Only counts below 10-15 are considered to be unusually low, corrected by transfusion.

In conclusion:
You need to seek for more tests, as there are many possibilities.
In my view, anemia is the most likely cause (low PLT, low neutrophil and low hemoglobin),
but of course it may also be something else, like an infection (viral, parasitic, bacterial).
Emeira

Post by Emeira »

Thanks RRM for all the helpful information.
I hope this will not be an infection/parasite from raw beef, herring or yolks.
By the way, my blood pressure is low (90/60)

Which foods are best to prevent anaemia?
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Emeira wrote:
I hope this will not be an infection/parasite from raw beef, herring or yolks.
If your food would have been infested with bacteria, you would have got the runs. etc.
Salmonellosis results in diarrhea, fever, vomiting and cramps, lasting up to 7 days.
Your blood works are about something different.
Suppose its a bacterial infection, then iits not about ingesting bacterially infested food,
but about a bacterial infection inside your body, which is usually caused by some physical injury. tooth decay or similar.

There are no parasites in egg yolk.
Raw herring is deep-frozen to destroy all parasites.
Only regarding raw beef there is a small risk.
Which foods are best to prevent anaemia?
No, you should no act on speculation from my part.
You should seek additional tests to get to know what is wrong with you exactly.
Only once we know that, you can take action.
Emeira

Post by Emeira »

I got new blood test results:

Total cholesterol: 6.29 mmol/l
HDL: 2.14 mmol/l
LDL: 3.75mmol/l
Triglycerides: 0.9 mmol/l

... and test results 8 months ago:
Total cholesterol: 7.17 mmol/l
HDL: 2.52 mmol/l
LDL: 4.32mmol/l
Triglycerides: 0.73 mmol/l

So, triglycerides are higher, but HDL and LDL has decreased.
...and NO period this month :?

I eat only two or one time during the day whole fruits not juice (50g-60g fiber per day)
Only 4-6 egg yolks per week.

Could be, that lower cholesterol levels and gone menstrual cycle are related?