My diet

If you are not sure whether you are doing the diet right, create your own diet diary here, so others can take a look at it.
dime
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Re: My diet

Post by dime »

I have two days of long meetings so I'm not sure if I'll have any free time, hopefully some in the evening.
I'll let you know and if you also are free then, it would be nice to meet a fellow wai dieter!
Kasper

Post by Kasper »

Hey dime, how 100% wai going so far ?
Are you able to stay 100% strict ?
dime

Post by dime »

I had bad problems in the first few days because I was sloppy with raw meat. I forgot 300g of ground beef for a whole day out.. and eating that completely messed me up for a few days. So for two days I ate canned fish as it seemed like the easiest to digest protein source. Otherwise I've been 100%.

Anyway, I'm still adjusting to it so I can't say much except that I have no problems staying 100%
Kasper

Post by Kasper »

You said that had problems digesting fructore, right ?
Do you still have these problems ?
dime

Post by dime »

No I don't think I have every had problems digesting fructose.
What I was saying about fructose is that since only glucose can be metabolized into muscle glycogen, then if you're very active it may be better to have a higher ratio of glucose.
I'm not eating that much carbs now in the winter as I'm not that active - around 150g/day.
dime

Post by dime »

dime wrote:Since I started with this menu it seems I have headaches pretty much every day (whereas previously I didn't have any at all).
I'm getting the same headaches now.. also my thongue is inflammed and much whiter since I got strict.
I don't know if it's because of
- infection caused by spoiled meat
- not adapted to OJ as source of carbs (I drink 1L + 30g sugar + 60g olive oil)

I like to think it's the first, but also the acidity of the OJ, even though I always drink with a straw.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Can you specify what you eat exactly?
(how many meals, and what size?)
dime

Post by dime »

Salmon ~100g + 2-3 egg yolks in the morning
Then continue with 1L OJ (sip every 20 minutes).
Ground beef 300g + 2-3 egg yolks in the evening.

I put a teaspoon of honey on salmon/beef.
Kasper

Post by Kasper »

I think it's better to have a higher plant/animal food ratio. Don't you think?

If you don't want to ingest too much carbs, you could go for low carb salads.
dime

Post by dime »

Seems like the headaches are gone, the tongue is still messed up though. Anyway, I'm getting better and better at the new diet :)
I'm pretty sure the troubles in the beginning were due to infection.

Kasper maybe, I'm not saying no, but I don't think it's true for me. Some people are better with less some with more animal food I guess.

One problem I have at the moment is losing weight, more specifically fat, which I don't like at all. I'm at 9% body fat or so according to my scale. No muscle lost though, I know because I'm going to the gym every day and my strength is actually improving. I'll try with extra olive oil in the orange juice, seems like the easiest way to add extra calories.
dime

Post by dime »

I ate rice today for lunch, it would've been very inappropriate to avoid lunch and there was nothing better than rice. Otherwise I'm staying strict while traveling thanks to dried fruits and hand-shelled walnuts.

I'm very proud of myself because I'm now able to say no to free food (no matter how good) if it doesn't comply to my diet and beliefs. It's an important development at psychological level. But I still need to work on saying no when it would be inappropriate and weird to do so.

Overcoming the third situation, saying no to yourself irrelevant of the above two, was very easy for me. I haven't even thought of buying anything out of what I consider constitutes my diet when shopping, nor felt cravings when seeing someone eating something like cake or ice cream or whatever for a long time. So I'm very much free of addictions to food
dime

Post by dime »

Just got plenty of organic grass-fed beef heart, tongue, kidneys and liver and regular meat. For 40eur I'm well secured with nutritious meat for a month at 200g/day :)
The kidneys were extremely cheap at 2eur/kg, I guess they are anyway throwing them as they aren't selling them at all but I had to explicitly ask.

Also got this type of pumpkin as I'm curious how it tastes raw. At home we have always eaten pumpkins baked, I didn't even know it's possible to eat them raw. It's not as cheap as I expected it though.
RRM
Administrator

Pumpkin

Post by RRM »

dime wrote:Also got this type of pumpkin as I'm curious how it tastes raw.
I dont see anything about eating them raw.
Usually, pumpkins are processed, and fed raw to poultry.
When raw, it may be more better suited for medicinal uses than as food for humans,
as various types of pumpkins have been used as a traditional folk medicine in many countries.
They contain pectic polysaccharides Nosáľová G et al. Pectin binds to cholesterol and bile, inhibiting cholesterol (bile) re-absorptionGunness P et al. Oranges (up to 3.5%) and other fruits also contain pectines, but these fibers are broken down during fruit ripening. So, make sure the pumkin is very ripe. They contain 4.6% sugars (3% simple sugar) in total.
Pumpkins are usually also very high in trigonelline Yoshinari O et al (a pyridine betaine alkaloid), and contain other alkaloids as well Yadav M et al.
Trigonelline (N-methylnicotinic acid) is found in (the leaves of) many plantsAshihara H et al and in coffee, soy oil and sunflower oil (not pure olive oilSánchez-Hernández L et al), and moderately in peach, orange and some mango species. Trigonelline is also a degradation product of vitamin B3 (by methylation of its nitrogen atom), and normally excreted through urine. Trigonelline blocks Nrf2-dependent proteasome activity (eliminating protection of cells against destruction by enzymes)Arlt A et al, inhibits liver fatty acid synthase (FAS), and stimulates liver carnitine palmitoyl transferase (CPT) and glucokinase (GLK) Yoshinari O et al.

How does it taste?
dime

Post by dime »

I almost forgot about it, it has started getting mouldy a bit on the outside.. but inside was fine. It didn't taste particularly amazing but also not too bad (baked it tastes awful to me); something like an unrippen melon. After a few bites I decided to just throw it away, I couldn't imagine myself eating more of it anytime soon.

I'm not sure whether you're supposed to eat the part where the seeds are. To me it makes most sense to eat that part in the center as it was soft and even a bit sweet; towards the outside it's gradually getting very very hard and tasteless. It's extremely similar to melons.
dime

Post by dime »

One month on 100% wai so far, and things are going great. A lot better than slow-cooked rice and meat.

I'm eating 140g of sugar per day, yet I'm always energetic.
I'm eating 75g of protein a day (1g protein per kg of body weight), and my strength still continues to increase in the gym. After a few months I may experiment with even less protein. Besides the gym I have to mention that I'm walking every day to university and back, in total 5km (about 1 hour).

Haven't had any allergy since starting a month ago.
My tongue sometimes gets very white and inflamed, and sometimes normal with no whiteness.. I'm still trying to figure out what contributes to either of these two states. Acidic OJ definitely makes things worse, walnuts seem to make it much better. Also pushing it too hard in the gym makes it worse, I guess it really lowers down the immune system.
No soiling whatsoever, I mean really no traces on the toilet paper, I'm quite amazed by this. No constipation either, and sometimes it happens that I go for 5 days without any BM. Any gas is odorless, and I think it's mostly swallowed air when drinking with the straw.