My diet

If you are not sure whether you are doing the diet right, create your own diet diary here, so others can take a look at it.
dime
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Re: My diet

Post by dime »

At the moment my diet is 2600kcal/day

Fat 200g: 40g saturated, 125g monounsaturated, 21g polyunsaturated (2.6g omega 3, 17.7g omega 6), 2.2g trans fats, 1.3 cholesterol
Protein 70g
Carbs 140g
Fiber 1g

Minerals: short on manganese, only 18% of the RDA. Should try to eat some walnuts.
overkees

Post by overkees »

What is your diet exactly?
Is the trans fatty acid content due to the consumption of butter? Conjugated linoleic acid?
Do you eat alot of olive oil to end up with such huge amounts of MUFAs and PUFAs?
Why do you prefer OO over other fats?
How are you feeling, light and relaxed or heavy and stressed?

If I consume too much PUFAs I will get a stressed out feeling. Even butter can give me this feeling but then I need to consume more than 50g in one setting. Coconut oil is the only oil that is not able to give me this effect.
dime

Post by dime »

No, no butter; I'm not sure where the trans fats are from but they occur naturally too. Maybe from the beef or egg yolks.
My diet is only these foods: 1L OJ + 140g OO, 250g beef, 50g salmon, 4-5 egg yolks.
I'm feeling great, not sure why would you get such a stressed out feeling (from olive oil?)
I prefer OO because it's easy to mix with OJ, not too high in PUFA, and it's cheap yet high quality.

I have plenty of coconut and palm oil on stock, but I just don't feel like eating them.. both taste ugly to me and they are impossible to mix in juice. Proper raw grassfed butter is pretty expensive, about 20eur/kg.
overkees

Post by overkees »

I don't know, after my avocado diet I just get this stressed out feeling. I feel an increase in pressure between low in my throat, can't describe the location exactly. A very heavy feeling, I am very aware of my heart beat after consumption of too much PUFAs.

20g of PUFA sounds like a lot to me, so I was just wondering how you'd feel with it. Or that this is just the result of a bad assocation of PUFAs due to the sky high amounts I took for a while (+50g on some days).
dime

Post by dime »

Yeah it might be something like bad association, going to extremes tends to leave a lasting effect.. I have such a feeling as you described with coconut oil.
20g is not that much, the RDA for omega 6 is 17g, and for omega 3 it's 1-2g (if I remember correctly). Edit: actually for LA and ALA
Emeira

Post by Emeira »

dime wrote: My diet is only these foods: 1L OJ + 140g OO, 250g beef, 50g salmon, 4-5 egg yolks.
don't you suffer from constipation?
10 days my diet was: 1300 ml OJ + 60g OO, 100g salmon, 6-8 egg yolks. No fiber.
...and I was constipated. After i started eating fruits again everything went fine.
dime

Post by dime »

You need some time to adapt to no fiber, for me it takes at least a month until everything is sorted out.
dime

Post by dime »

Just measured my evening CP, 10 minutes after dinner: 34
I'm surprised that it's so high, especially after a meal when it should typically be lower than normal.
overkees

Post by overkees »

Wow, that's good news! I've been stuck on +30CP for over a year now.. My sleep has finally stabillized to around 8-9 hours. And if I reintroduce running through the nose it will go down to 7 hours. Im very happy with this.

It's just that it's very cold and it's been very hard to motivate myself to go jogging everyday. Do you still do aerobic exercise? What is your diet now? Close to 100% wai? I've reintroduced vegetable soups with gelatin to my diet with very good results. I just cant survive on the wai diet 100%=, my cravings for salty things really are a big pain in thee ass.
dime

Post by dime »

Yeah I do 100% wai with the exception of adding some pure Ca+Mg citrat powder to the OJ. I have the same problem with the cold, so still only going to the gym. The only aerobic I do is 1000m rowing every day in the gym. It's only 3:45 minutes or so but very intensive full body work, and I'm able to do it with nose breathing only; I like it a lot more than running :)
overkees

Post by overkees »

Good to hear you found a good replacement for jogging. I have been using my skipping rope lately. Very had workout, i try to do 250 in 10 minutes noe, afraid to hurmpst my ankles. I really am within 40 jumps already maximally breathing and mytemperature rises much quicker than jogging. I think the mechanical shaking is very good for tension problems. Like A massage.

Im sure if we keep on going like this 40 cp will suddenly happen as a surprisr. Letting go of the health obsession really lowers my stress levels, therefore trying to get to 40 cp and being wai100% is working kinda against me. If I will finally resolve my teeth problems i think i will make a much bigger chance so i give up on my teeth and ll go see a dentist. I think ive got two small cavities.that are toi far from restoration.
dime

Post by dime »

Wow can you manage to count how many times you jump? :) I used to do some boxing and I can do the jumping really fast without jumping much from the ground. I agree it's a really good exercise for a quick warmup and shake up the whole body. This seems like a nice video on how to properly jump the rope http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GRStB06uhgE
Good luck at the dentist.
dime

Post by dime »

I intentionally drank a bit more orange juice and measured my blood sugar

08:00 eat meat, egg yolks, honey
11:30 85
12:10 drink orange juice
12:27 195
12:39 99
12:51 90

It got my eyes tired and sleepy. Anyway, I need to think of a better way to do these measurements, in order to maximize insight. But at least it doesn't seem like I have insulin insensitivity, as sugar is quickly cleared.
dime

Post by dime »

Actually last time I also had a tespoon of honey too, not just the orange juice, which may explain the spike.
Now just orange juice (with olive oil):

13:11 - OJ
13:12 - 99
13:17 - 91
13:22 - 100
13:28 - 99
13:36 - 102
13:44 - 108
13:56 - 94
13:57 - OJ
14:05 - 96
14:12 - 93
dime

Re: Blood test results

Post by dime »

I got new blood results, 6 months or so after the quoted ones.
dime wrote: * LDL should be below 160, but is 290
* HDL there's only a lower limit of 40, and my value is 92 so that seems fine.
* Total should be below 240, mine is 395

Vitamin D is very much below the normal: 40.4 and should be above 100. Doesn't say what are the units, I guess nmol/L.
Total cholesterol: 370 (down from 395)
HDL: 84 (down from 92)
LDL: 247 (down from 290)
Vitamin D: 29.5 (down from 40.4)

Cholesterol seems a bit better, with an even better ratio of 1:3 (HDL:LDL). The doctor ascribed the issue to genetics; he told me that it's already a recommendation for the doctors to prescribe pills for high cholesterol even if you're young, but we agreed to wait more and see if the trend of decreasing continues.

Apart from these everything else is perfect.

Some interesting trends to note:
Uric acid: 7.1 (up from 5.4)
TSH: 1.84 (down from 2.39) - I like to think this is a good thing, it likely means that thyroid is upregulated? As far as I know the higher the TSH the higher the chance for hypothyroidism.
Gamma-GT: 11 (down from 18) - enzyme used as diagnostic for various problems with the liver, billiary system, pancreas (the lower the better I think, but max is 60 so either way it's not much difference)
C-reactive protein: < 5.0 (didn't have this in the previous test)
Triglycerides: 71 (up from 60)
Glucose: 90 (down from 98)
ESR: 2 (down from 7, max is 10) - the lower the better