My diet

If you are not sure whether you are doing the diet right, create your own diet diary here, so others can take a look at it.
Oscar
Administrator
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Re: My diet

Post by Oscar »

Good to hear :) I'm sure you'll see more changes over time, if you stay 100%.
overkees

overkees

Post by overkees »

Wow, pretty cool dime. Great news on the no soiling and allergies. Have you measured your CP yet? Great work on staying 100%
Don't you crave sugars?
How are your teeth? Did you have sensitive teeth? I remember you mentioning transparancy? Do you still use baking soda in the OJ?
How is your sleep now, 100% raw/wai?
dime

Post by dime »

You have to find a balance between sugar and fat, otherwise both too little or too much sugar sucks. No idea how but I haven't had any cravings, even if hungry.. but anyway, the best way to avoid cravings is to avoid feeling hungry. I eat sugar with every meal, either honey with meat, or OJ otherwise. But my OJ is really loaded with calores, 1L = 900g OJ + 100g OO; you can't expect to go on all day on 1L OJ alone (= 450 kcal).

My teeth are fine, they only hurt if I drink really cold water, otherwise perfectly fine, not sensitive to honey/sugar for example. The baking soda is essential, otherwise it only takes a few day for the acidity of OJ to mess up my teeth. I've been trying to kinda 'train' them to colder water. I'm not sure if it is actually benefecial, to intentionally drink colder water and endure the pain; I was thinking that just like muscles respond to exercise by growing and improving, that 'hurting' the teeth (in small doses) might have a similar effect. Oscar you're the expert on teeth, what do you think about this? :)

I've slept on average 7.8h the past month, but it's been a bit irregular because I travel often. A few times it happened that I could sleep only 4-5 hours and that always makes me miserable. I never use alarms, only once to get up really early for a plane.

Will measure MCP tomorrow, CP is close but not more than 30 I believe.
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

I don't think tooth remineralisation is influenced by cold stimuli, unfortunately...
dime

Post by dime »

You didn't say why not, so I'm incredibly convinced :p They must respond with some kind of adaptation at least..
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Try strengthening your nails by putting them in cold water regularly. Let me know if it works. ;)
overkees

Post by overkees »

But it's more that if your body feels pain it will send things to it that might help with the diagnose if something is wrong, was that the line of thinking here, dime? In that case putting healthy nails in cold water is just ridiculous.
dime

Post by dime »

The idea is that the body will respond with adaptation to pretty much any stimulus, and to optimize this it has to be repeated often enough in just the right amount. E.g. if you run every day you'll adapt to running every day and eventually it will be very easy. I'm sure there will be some changes (not necessarily good) if you put your nails in cold or hot water every day too. But obviously this would be a very slow process, i.e. don't expect noticable changes in a week.
This sums it up more or less, but I've never heard about applying it to teeth before and whether it could result in what I'd expect: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hormesis
dime

Post by dime »

I put 300mg pure calcium citrat powder and 200mg magnesium citrat in my orange juice. From diet I'm getting 200mg calcium and that's way too little in my opinion.

I think it's perfect with the orange juice as you get a steady stream of calcium, which I like to think minimizes calcium migration from bones to blood and vice versa, much like a steady stream of sugar minimizes insulin spikes and subsequent sugar migration to glycogen/adipose tissue.

Large amounts of calcium at once are implicated in heart attacks for example: http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/20 ... 200752.htm
But when the analysis looked at vitamin/mineral supplements, it found that those who took calcium supplements regularly were 86% more likely to have a heart attack than those who didn't use any supplements.
The evidence that dietary calcium is helpful while calcium supplements are not can be explained by the fact that dietary calcium is taken in small amounts, spread throughout the day, so is absorbed slowly, they say. Supplements, on the other hand, cause calcium levels in the blood to soar above the normal range, and it is this flooding effect which might ultimately be harmful, they suggest.
overkees

Post by overkees »

How does it alters the taste?
dime

Post by dime »

I haven't noticed any difference.. 300mg is really really tiny.
Does it taste bad in water?
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

dime wrote:I put 300mg pure calcium citrat powder and 200mg magnesium citrat in my orange juice. From diet I'm getting 200mg calcium and that's way too little in my opinion.
Thats only possible if you eat very little fruit.
Orange juice from itself already contains 110 mg calcium / L.
People need about 300 mg / day.
So, you may simply increase your fruit intake.
dime

Post by dime »

Yes exactly, the fruits I eat are only 1L OJ, so that's why I get so little calcium.
dime

Post by dime »

I find myself eating quite some honey. Just measured and along with the meat I also ate 50-60g of honey.. way too much at once.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Wow. I simply cannot eat that much at once.
1 teaspoon is fine for me, but after that, i increasingly have to force myself if i want to eat more.
Similar to drinking juice, btw; when my body had enough, i cant easily drink much more.